Mom’s Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwiches
The best chicken salad sandwiches you'll ever taste with a secret ingredient that puts them over the top!
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup prepared ranch dressing
- ½ (1 ounce) packet dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 1½ Tablespoons dry dill weed
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1½ cups red grapes halved
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 8 croissants, rolls, or buns
In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, prepared ranch dressing, dry ranch mix and dill weed.
Gently mix in cooked chicken, almonds, grapes and celery.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve on croissants.
We love chicken salad with grapes, but some don’t. That’s ok! We’ve had a lot of readers send us in their own versions of this recipe. Here are a few ideas to switch up your chicken salad and make it your own!
- Lemon juice/zest
- Peppered mayonnaise
- Turkey, ham, or tuna instead of chicken
- Chopped hard boiled eggs
- Jalapeños in place of celery for an extra kick
- Sliced olives
- Mandarin oranges
- Crumbled bacon
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 823mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg