Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Chili Recipe
Quick and easy Instant Pot BBQ chicken chili is a family dinner recipe everyone will love! It is a hearty chili filled with delicious beans and peppers, and plenty of spices.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 15 ounces cannellini beans drained, rinsed
- 15 ounces pinto beans drained, rinsed
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 ¼ ounces canned corn undrained
- ½ cup sharp cheddar shredded cheese
Add all ingredients to Instant Pot.
Place lid on pot and press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 20 minutes.
Allow 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before it starts the countdown cook timer.
Once it is finished cooking, let the Instant Pot do a natural release of the pressure for 10 minutes, then move the valve to VENTING to release any remaining pressure.
Remove lid and stir, breaking up chicken.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with sharp cheddar shredded cheese.
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
- Place all the ingredients except for the chicken broth into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 4 cups of chicken broth in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 30 minutes. Follow the rest of instructions as written.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1326mg | Potassium: 1000mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3542IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 4mg