Oven Baked Chicken Tacos Recipe
We love this easy weeknight dinner using rotisserie chicken. Oven baked delicious tacos prepped and ready to go within 20 minutes!
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 avocados diced, optional topping
- 2 tomatoes diced, optional topping
- 15 ounces black beans optional topping
- 2.25 ounce sliced black olives optional topping
- 2 cups shredded lettuce optional topping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large 9 x 13 inch baking pan, line up all of the hard taco shells so they are touching without falling over.
Combine shredded chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning in a bowl. Homemade taco seasoning or store-bought work great here.
Spoon chicken mixture evenly into all of the taco shells and top with Mexican blend cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has completely melted and chicken is heated through.
Top with sour cream and your favorite taco toppings. We love avocado, tomatoes, black beans, olives, and shredded lettuce.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 550mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 819IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 2mg