Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
All the flavors of chicken enchiladas ready in less than 30 minutes in a skillet!
- 8 corn tortillas cut into bite-size strips, 6-8 inches each
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken a rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 10 ounces canned Rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes and green chilies) undrained
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on stove over medium high heat.
Add tortillas, chicken, onion, and garlic to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes (or until onion is tender and translucent), stirring frequently.
In a medium bowl, mix Rotel, enchilada sauce, black beans, cumin, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over chicken in skillet and mix well.
Sprinkle half of the cheese on top, cover with lid, and let cook for 5 minutes- stirring occasionally. Top with remaining cheese and serve, topped with your favorite enchilada toppings (cilantro, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc).
- You could sub out the black beans for pinto beans.
- If you can't find Rotel tomatoes, a can of diced tomatoes would work great as well. I would recommend adding a small can (4 ounces) of diced green chilies, but it's completely up to you.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1047mg | Potassium: 725mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 696IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 4mg