Peppermint Snowball Cookies Recipe
A soft buttery pecan cookie topped with white chocolate and peppermint candy pieces!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time14 minutes mins
Chill Time2 hours hrs
Total Time2 hours hrs 34 minutes mins
Keyword: Best christmas cookies, christmas, Christmas Cookies, Cookies
- 2 cups butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating (or almond bark) (melted)
- ½ cup crushed candy cane pieces
In a large bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar using an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy (will take about 5 minutes).
Beat in vanilla and then slowly beat in flour.
Fold in pecans.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until dough is firm enough to shape (takes 2-3 hours).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Shape dough into 1" balls. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake until lightly browned, about 13-15 minutes.
Remove cookies from hot pans and let cool completely.
Dip tops of cooled cookies in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Short on time? If you don't have time to let the dough chill for 2 hours, shape dough into balls and place on a pan, then stick the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes. Cook them as directed and they should turn out great!
- You can purchase pre-crushed candy canes, but some of the pieces may still be too big for these cookies, so you might need to crush them a little more before using on top of cookies.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg