Peppermint Snowball Cookies Recipe
A soft buttery pecan cookie topped with white chocolate and peppermint candy pieces!
- 2 cups butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating (or almond bark) (melted)
- ½ cup crushed candy cane pieces
In a large bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar using an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy (will take about 5 minutes).
Beat in vanilla and then slowly beat in flour.
Fold in pecans.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until dough is firm enough to shape (takes 2-3 hours).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Shape dough into 1" balls. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake until lightly browned, about 13-15 minutes.
Remove cookies from hot pans and let cool completely.
Dip tops of cooled cookies in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Short on time? If you don't have time to let the dough chill for 2 hours, shape dough into balls and place on a pan, then stick the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes. Cook them as directed and they should turn out great!
- You can purchase pre-crushed candy canes, but some of the pieces may still be too big for these cookies, so you might need to crush them a little more before using on top of cookies.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg