Orange Fluff Jello Salad Recipe
Whether you serve it as a side dish or a light dessert, our Orange Fluff Jello salad is creamy and delicious. Made with jello, pudding, cool whip, and fruit, it's always a crowd favorite.
Large Mixing Bowl
- 4.6 ounces Cook n Serve vanilla pudding mix (1 large box - not instant pudding)
- 6 ounces orange Jell-o (1 large box)
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 5 ounces mini marshmallows (about half the bag)
- 22 ounces canned mandarin oranges (2 small cans; drained)
- 3 bananas (sliced; add right before serving so they don't turn brown in the fridge)
Mix together pudding, Jell-o, and water over medium heat until it boils. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until mixture has thickened (about 4-5 hours).
Beat until creamy.
Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows, and fruit. Chill about an hour before serving.
We would not recommend making this further in advance than the morning you’re planning on eating it. The mandarin oranges tend to release moisture the longer they are in the salad, so it starts getting runny after too long.
If you want to make it the day before, we would recommend just doing the first step of the recipe (mixing together the jello mix, pudding mix, and water and letting it set up in the fridge), then add in the Cool Whip and fruit on the day that you plan on eating it.
- We recommend only using Cook and Serve pudding with this recipe. It doesn’t set up as well, stay together as long, or have quite as creamy of a texture if you use instant pudding.
- Sometimes I also add a can of drained pineapple tidbits to this recipe - it's a delicious addition!
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg