Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
If you are looking for a simple pumpkin recipe that will turn out fabulous, then you need to try out pumpkin dump cake.
9x13-inch Baking Pan
Large Mixing Bowl
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 10 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 15 ¼ ounces yellow cake mix (1 box)
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup toffee pieces (Heath bar pieces)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup whipped topping (optional topping)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan (I used a glass pan) with non stick cooking spray.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin spice. Stir to combine.
Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and then sprinkle the dry cake mix over all. Then top with graham cracker crumbs, toffee pieces, and pecans.
Then pour the melted butter evenly over the top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are browned.
Let cool and then serve with a dollop of whipped topping on each piece.
There are lots of ways to add variety to this cake. Try any of these to change it up:
- Use a spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix
- Try crushed Butterfingers candy bars on top instead of toffee
- Cinnamon sugar graham crackers instead of plain graham crackers
- Walnuts or any favorite nut instead of pecans (also consider adding nuts to the pumpkin mixture)
- Add chocolate chips on top or in between the layers
- Top with vanilla ice cream
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3695IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg