BBQ Chicken and Potato Casserole Recipe
Enjoy our delicious BBQ chicken and potato casserole as a fun and easy chicken casserole to have for dinner.
9x9-inch baking pan
- 4 ounces instant mashed potatoes* 1 package
- Ingredients called for on instant mashed potatoes package (usually water)
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (about 1 lb, rotisserie chicken works great)
- 12 ounces BBQ Sauce 1 bottle
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Prepare instant mashed potatoes as directed on package.
Stir in sour cream and 1 cup of the cheese until completely blended.
Spoon mixture into baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together chicken, BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of the green onions. Spoon chicken mixture over potatoes; top with bacon and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly.
Top with remaining 1/4 cup green onions as garnish and serve.
- You can also use homemade mashed potatoes - you will need about 2-3 cups.
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 855mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 2mg