Slow Cooker Tamale Pie Recipe
A tried-and-true slow cooker favorite - Tamale Pie! With ground beef, canned beans, lots of vegetables, and a cornbread topping, this will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 15.25 ounces black beans 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilis 1 can, undrained
- 11 ounces whole kernel corn 1 can, drained
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce 1 can
- 2 green onions diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 8.5 ounces Jiffy Cornbread Mix 1 package
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain excess grease.
Stir in the cumin, salt, chili powder and pepper.
Transfer to a slow cooker; stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, onions and cilantro.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
In a small bowl, combine muffin mix and eggs; spoon over meat mixture. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 922mg | Potassium: 610mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 5mg