White Cheddar Corn Chowder Recipe
With a tex-mex like blend of green chiles, fire-roasted tomatoes, creamed corn and tortilla chips this soup will warm you up on the even the coldest days.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn (undrained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles (undrained)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes (drained)
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cups tortilla chips (or strips)
In a large sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until soft. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
Add chicken broth and cumin, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the chicken, half-and-half, cheese, corn, chiles, and tomatoes. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
Top with cilantro and tortilla chips. Serve warm.
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 348mg | Iron: 2mg