Cheesy Pizza Roll Recipe
This Cheesy Pizza Roll is quick and easy. Made with premade pizza crust or bread dough, and topped with all your favorite pizza toppings, it's easy to customize so your whole family will love it!
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf frozen bread dough (or one roll refrigerated pizza crust)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pizza sauce (divided)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (or sliced)
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni slices optional topping
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives optional topping
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Let the dough thaw out for about an hour (if you're using refrigerated pizza crust, you can skip this step).
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin so that it is about 1/4 inch thick. Spread about 1/2 cup sauce over the bread.
Place Mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices over the sauce. Then add any other toppings you like. We like black olives.
Carefully roll up (you'll want to roll it so it's long and thin rather than short and thick) and place on a baking sheet. If you use a bread loaf, you may have to cut it in half to fit it on the baking sheet.
Brush with beaten egg, then top with grated Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning, we love the flavor it gives the crust.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into slices.
Dip in remaining pizza sauce (or preferred dipping sauce).
Some of our favorite topping ideas:
- Pepperoni, olive, and cheese (pictured above)
- Ham and Pineapple
- Meat lovers (sausage, salami, bacon bits, and pepperoni)
- Veggies (we love sliced peppers, mushrooms, and artichokes)
- Alfredo sauce instead of pizza sauce
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1590mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 577IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 1mg