Zucchini Tuscan Skillet Recipe
A delicious one skillet recipe filled with zucchini, chicken and more
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 4 ounces fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil (chopped) *See Notes
- 3.5 ounce sun dried tomatoes in oil (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1¼ cup thickened cream (or half and half)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- dried basil to taste
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- 2 large zucchini (made into Zoodles, use a vegetable grater if you don't have a Zoodle grater)
Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant. (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 1674mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1559IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 3mg