Chicken Taco Roll-ups Recipe
I love tacos, but I also love finger food. The best of both worlds have combined and I have created Chicken Taco Roll-Ups.
Large Mixing Bowl
- 3 cups chicken shredded
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese 1 package
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ⅓ cup salsa
- 4 green onions
- ½ avocado diced
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
In a bowl, mix together, the shredded chicken, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, salsa, and onions with a hand mixer.
Add the diced avocado, taco seasoning, and garlic, garlic salt, salt and pepper, and mix at a slow speed.
Spread a thin layer over a tortilla and roll the tortilla up.
Cut into 1 inch bites.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make these healthier try:
- Using wheat or spinach tortillas
- Use plain Greek yogurt in place of the cream cheese. This will make the filling a little more runny, so you could add more chicken.
- You could also use a 1/3 less fat cream cheese, or do half cream cheese, half plain Greek yogurt.
- Add more veggies. We love adding new veggies to our wraps. We add celery, small carrot shreds or bits, zucchini, cucumbers, etc.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 666mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 1mg