Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Easter Eggs Recipe
These Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Easter Eggs make for a very sweet tasting Easter. They are easy to make, and fun for the kids to decorate.
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup icing divided, to decorate
Wash and dry each of the berries and remove any green stem or leaves.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until mostly melted. Then stir in the vegetable oil until well blended and smooth.
Dip each strawberry top first into the melted chocolate covering 2/3 of the berry. I used my fingers, but you could also spear it with a fork and dip it in that way. Lay them on the parchment paper. Dip all of the strawberries and put them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Then pull them out and let the decorating begin.
You could also make buttercream frosting and color it. Divide it into bowls and color each bowl of frosting a different color. Then put each color into a sandwich baggy and snip the corner just barely for a small hole. Use that as a decorating bag. The kids will really enjoy making these fun Easter Egg Strawberries!
Here are a few other options for decorating:
- Easter Candies (such as jelly beans, M&M’s or other seasonal candies in stores).
- Other Chocolate Flavors or Colors (you could do a simple drizzle, or make designs with chocolate).
- Edible Markers (these could be found online, or you could go to your local craft store for them).
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 4mg | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg