Instant Pot Ground Beef and Black Bean Taco Soup
This dump-and-go Instant Pot Beef and Bean Taco Soup is a family favorite! Made with lean ground beef and black beans, It comes together in minutes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (1 store-bought packet or homemade)
- 15 ounces canned corn (1 can; do not drain)
- 15 ounces black beans (1 can; drained and rinsed)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (1 can)
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies (1 can)
- 1 bag tortilla chips (optional topping)
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese (optional topping)
Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let it heat up.
Add in the ground beef and onion, cook until the meat is no longer pink.
Drain meat if desired.
Stir in taco seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilies.
Place the lid on the top of the Instant Pot. Move the valve to SEALING (not venting).
Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 5 minutes.
When the timer is finished, move the valve to VENTING and do a QUICK RELEASE with the pressure.
Remove the lid and portion into bowls. Top with your favorite taco toppings and serve.
- Nutrition facts do not include tortilla chips or cheese on top.
- How to turn this taco soup into a freezer meal:
- Cook the ground beef and onion and place in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag or other freezer-safe container.
- Dump in the taco seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilies.
- Let the bag cool down (if still hot from the cooked ground beef). Place in the freezer for up to 90 days.
- When ready to eat, remove bag from the frozen soup (if it won't come out, run the bag under hot water so that you can remove/peel off the frozen bag).
Place the frozen chunk of soup into your Instant Pot (if it froze in a shape that won't fit into your Instant Pot, you may need to defrost it for a few minutes or break it into pieces to make it fit).
- Add 1/2 cup water to your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the top of the Instant Pot. Move the valve to SEALING (not venting).
- Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 7 minutes.
- When the timer is finished, move the valve to VENTING and do a QUICK RELEASE with the pressure.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings.
- Favorite toppings to serve with this: cheese, tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, sliced green onions, etc.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 761mg | Potassium: 1032mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 788IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 6mg