Quick Italian Turkey Soup Recipe
This Quick Italian Turkey Soup Recipe is simple, delicious, and full of flavor.
Servings: 6 people
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15oz) can can stewed tomatoes, Italian style
- 1 (15oz) can Great Northern white beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup rotini cooked (can use any pasta)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 5 cups fresh spinach chopped (I chopped it into very small pieces)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Pour olive oil into large stock pot and turn on burner to medium-high heat.
When oil it hot, add onions, garlic, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Cook until turkey is completely cooked.
Add canned tomatoes (including juice), beans, carrots, zucchini, broth, parsley and oregano.
Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes (or until carrots and zucchini are cooked).
Add spinach and stir until wilted.
Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1200mg | Potassium: 1181mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6145IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 6mg