Homemade Reese's Eggs Recipe
You can now make one of the best types of Reese’s with our homemade Reese’s Eggs. They are extremely delicious. The perfect mix of peanut butter and chocolate.
Microwave Safe Bowl
Hand or Stand Mixer
Egg Cookie Cutter
Wax or Parchment Paper
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- oval or egg shaped cookie cutter
- 22 ounces milk chocolate chips 2 (11 ounce) bags, divided
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
Beat powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter together. Dough will be crumbly. Add two tablespoons of milk and continue to beat together, until the dough softens. (Note, dough will still be crumbly- this is fine!)
Working with about 1-2 cups of dough at a time, roll the dough into about 1/2 inch thickness on a flat, floured surface, and use cookie cutter to make eggs.
Place the eggs on a cookie sheet and chill in freezer for at least one hour.
When ready to dip, melt 1 bag of milk chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of shortening in a microwave. You may need a bit more shortening to thin it out.
Dip each egg, covering completely, and place on wax paper until set.
If you need more chocolate, melt second bag with more shortening.
- I got about 20 eggs using my cutter and rolling to 1/2 inch thickness. The amount of chocolate needed will vary, again, based on thickness and shapes of eggs.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 73IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg