Chicken and Bacon Autumn Chopped Salad Recipe
This Chicken and Bacon Autumn Chopped Salad Recipe is so easy to throw together and has the most amazing flavor. I am not a huge salad fan, but this is a recipe I could eat day after day, it is so yummy.
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium apples chopped, (pears are also delicious if you want to use those)
- 1 cup dried cranberries Craisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (pecans or almonds are also a yummy substitution)
- 8 slices bacon crisp-cooked and crumbled, (we used turkey bacon- use what you want)
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 grilled chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- ¾ cup poppy seed salad dressing (I like Brianna's)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette (I used store brand because it tastes just the same to me)
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, apples, cranberries, walnuts, bacon, chicken and feta cheese.
In a smaller bowl, combine poppy seed dressing with balsamic vinaigrette. Drizzle over salad right before serving. If you prefer your salad to have more dressing, feel free to experiment with the combination.
(This salad makes enough for about 6-8 servings. If you are not going to be eating it all in one sitting, only put dressing on what you will be eating or it will get all soggy.)
- If you are looking to replace the feta cheese, I recommend trying goat cheese, blue cheese, or even parmesan cheese would be delicious on this one.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 345mg | Potassium: 492mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 4223IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 3mg