Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham Recipe
This Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham is so simple and full of sweet and savory flavor. I don't know if my taste buds will ever get over this recipe, it is so yummy. The perfect ham for Christmas or Easter.
- 10 pound spiral sliced ham
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Dr. Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
Remove the ham from the packaging. Place the ham, cut-side down, in the roasting pan or baking dish and wrap the ham and pan tightly with foil.
Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position and heat the oven to 250 Degrees
Bake the ham until the center registers 100 Degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on the size of the ham. (about 17 minutes per pound) - or you can buy it pre-cooked and it will cook for a lot less time.
While the ham bakes, bring the sugar, Dr Pepper, and mustard to a simmer in a medium saucepan and cook until syrupy and reduced to 3/4 cup (about 8 minutes)
Remove the ham from the oven and roll back the sides of the bag or the foil to expose the meat. Carefully tip out the juices that have collected in the pan into your sink. Brush the ham with the Dr Pepper glaze and then spoon 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple over the ham and glaze. Return it to the oven, uncovered, for about 30 minutes. (Check the ham occasionally and if it appears to be browning too much, tent it with a piece of foil.) Remove the ham from the oven and brush it again with the Dr Pepper glaze. Tent the ham loosely with foil and let it cool for 30 to 40 minutes before slicing and serving.
To make this in a Slow Cooker:
- Spray the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced ham in the slow cooker.
- In a saucepan combine the glaze mixture as directed in the instructions.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture over the ham.
- Place the lid on the ham and cook for 3-4 hours on low (if the ham is cooked, if the ham is not cooked, you may need about 6 hours).
- After the 3-4 hours, pour the rest of the mixture over the ham and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 100 degrees (will take about 20 to 30 minutes)
- You can use the drippings in slow cooker to make a gravy.
- We do however, recommend baking it, to give it that crispy texture on top, but a slow cooker would still taste delicious.
Calories: 982kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 82g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 4502mg | Potassium: 1113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg