Chicken Parmesan Pasta Casserole Recipe
With only 6 ingredients, this Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Pasta Casserole comes together in minutes and makes the perfect busy weeknight meal. It's a dish your whole family will love.
Large Mixing Bowl
Non-stick Cooking Spray
9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- 12 ounces penne pasta 1 package, (or any pasta - whole wheat works great for this recipe too!)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 26 ounces marinara sauce 1 jar
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a deep 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set dish aside.
Cook pasta al dente, as directed on package.
Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
Add in shredded chicken and marinara sauce (add more sauce if needed).
Dump half of the pasta/chicken mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the basil.
Repeat layers with remaining items.
Place casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.
- Any type of pasta will work for this dish – I like penne pasta, but bowtie (farfalle) noodles are great, ziti noodles are delicious, and I have even used elbow macaroni! Use what you have available.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 778mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 651IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 2mg