Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde Recipe
This Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde tastes amazing and is so easy to make. Add a few ingredients into the instant pot and dinner is made in minutes. It doesn't get much better than that.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tomatillos quartered
- 3 poblano peppers diced
- 4 ounces green chili peppers 1 can
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- salt to taste
- Worcestershire sauce dash
- ½ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 3 limes for serving
- 16 soft taco size tortillas for serving
Place chicken thighs, tomatillos, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt in an Instant Pot. Saute on high for 5-8 minutes, until chicken is lightly seared. Place lid on Instant Pot, seal, and cook manually on high pressure for 15 minutes. When finished, allow pressure to release naturally.
Remove chicken from pot and shred, then set aside.
Add cilantro and Worcestershire sauce to the remaining ingredients in the Instant Pot. Using an immersion blender (or transferring everything in the Instant Pot to a high-power blender), blend until sauce is smooth. Pour sauce over shredded chicken (as much or as little as you want).
Serve warm topped with cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, and tortillas.
This is a basic chicken recipe that you could put in multiple different Mexican dishes. Here are a few of our favorites:
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
- Place chicken thighs, tomatillos, poblano peppers, green chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup of water in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 25 minutes. Do a 5 minute NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 573mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 4mg