Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet Recipe
This Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet, is the perfect meal for busy days. It is so easy to throw together, and it is ready to go in a matter of minutes. You and your family are going to love this one.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound pre-cooked smoked turkey sausage sliced (like a coin)
- 1 zucchini diced
- ¼ cup water
- 14½ ounces Italian Diced Tomatoes 1 can, undrained
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces cannellini beans 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces gnocchi uncooked,1 package
- 1½ cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add the cut sausage to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Add zucchini, water, tomatoes, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, beans and gnocchi. Mix well. Gently fold in the spinach.
Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with parsley, and serve.
- You could also use sausage that hasn’t been cooked yet, if you are looking for more sausage taste. We used pre-cooked turkey sausage in this recipe, but you could use any sausage. I have also used pre-cooked apple chicken sausage, (found near the hot dog section at the grocery store) and it tasted amazing with this.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1305mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1290IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 8mg