Cashew Chicken Skillet Stir-Fry Recipe
Our cashew chicken skillet stir-fry recipe is so tasty and a great way to get those veggies into your day. It has the wonderful soy sauce and peanut butter taste that make for a great stir-fry.
Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cashews (preferably unsalted or low sodium)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 green onions sliced
- 6 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 Tablespoons water
Place a large skillet on the stove top. Heat skillet to medium-high heat and add olive oil.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add the chicken and cashews to the skillet (I like to add the cashews at the same time as the chicken, but you can add them in at the end if you prefer).
Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally, then add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds more (the chicken will not be fully cooked yet - that's okay!).
Add in all the vegetables and saute for 5-7 minutes (or until all the vegetables are tender and the chicken is fully cooked to 165 degrees internal temperature).
In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the homemade sauce and drizzle over the chicken and vegetables.
Mix everything together and continue to cook in skillet until everything is heated through.
Serve or portion into meal prep containers.
- This meal works great for meal prep - just make as directed and then divide evenly into portioned containers. Stays great in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 765mg | Potassium: 970mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 4820IU | Vitamin C: 117mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 3mg