BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe
This BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza is a budget-friendly, easy dinner recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights. This twist on classic French bread pizza is made with barbecue sauce, chicken, red onion, cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
Large Baking Sheet
Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 loaf French Bread (cut in half lengthwise)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce divided
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut loaf of French bread lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet.
Spread 1/2 cup BBQ sauce on top of each half of the bread.
Sprinkle 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese on each half of the bread.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of BBQ sauce and shredded chicken. Mix until chicken is coated in sauce.
Spread chicken over each half of the bread.
Top with red onion and cilantro, as desired.
Cook for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Cut into slices and serve.
Here are a few tips to help you put this recipe together if you are short on time:
- Find pre-sliced french bread (cut vertically)
- Use a rotisserie chicken or pre-shredded chicken.
- Get the shredded cheese.
- Pre-chopped onions are my saving grace.
Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1392mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 619IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 3mg