Quick and Easy Fish Tacos Recipe
Fish lover or not, you are going to love these Quick and Easy Fish Tacos. They don't taste fishy, but rather fresh and delicious. We even included an easy fish frying recipe that always gets rave reviews.
- 6 battered fish fillets
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- ⅓ cup grated carrots
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lime juiced
- 6 small flour tortillas (can also use corn tortillas)
- 2 limes (for squeezing over the top)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro (for topping)
- ⅓ cup chipotle mayo (for topping)
Cook fish fillets according to package instructions (about 25 minutes).
In a small bowl, mix together cabbage, carrots, green onion, jalapeño, garlic, mayonnaise, and lime juice.
Place one fish fillet on a tortilla, and top with 1/6 of the cabbage slaw. Top with extra fresh-squeezed lime juice, cilantro, and chipotle mayo.
TO FRY FISH
- We have found it easiest to use cod when it comes to frying fish. We have tried salmon, but we definitely recommend using cod for the best results.
- We recommend using a deep pan or pot and adding about two inches of oil to it. We recommend using canola oil because it has a high smoke point, which will greatly add to the taste, as well as the texture.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 809mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4498IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 4mg