Mahi Mahi with Avocado Crema Recipe
This Mahi Mahi is such a simple and delicate recipe and the avocado crema takes it over the top!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: avocado cream, easy fish recipe, fish dinner, mahi mahi
Servings: 4 people
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Mahi Mahi Fillets
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper, lime juice, and olive oil.
Place fillets on a baking dish.
Generously brush mixture over mahi mahi fillets.
Bake fish for 10-12 minutes, until fillets flake easily with a fork.
While fish is baking, blend together all avocado crema ingredients until smooth. Serve Mahi Mahi topped with avocado crema and cilantro.
Purchasing Mahi Mahi
Storing Mahi Mahi
- When purchasing Mahi Mahi at your local grocer, you should never be able to smell it. If the Mahi Mahi is a strong fish scent to it, it has been sitting out too long, and won’t have a clean fresh taste.
- It should look pink with red stripes or spots on it. Occasionally, it will have a blueish tint to it, but if your store’s Mahi Mahi color seems a little off, I wouldn’t recommend purchasing it.
- Don’t purchase the Mahi Mahi if the edges are brown and blue. This indicates that it has been sitting out for too long, and is starting to go bad.
- The skin of the fish should be moist and shiny, not flaky and dry. You should be able to see the shine on the fish, very clearly.
- Fresh Mahi Mahi from the store, is best used within three days. If you aren’t using it the day you are purchasing it, wrap it tightly with saran wrap or foil.
- Mahi Mahi will also freeze well. Again, wrap it tightly with multiple layers, and use within 5 months of freezing.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 460mg | Potassium: 1005mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 682IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg