Rainforest Cafe Copycat Beef Lava Nachos Recipe
You have never tried nachos, until you try Rainforest Cafe Copycat Beef Lava Nachos. You could have them for a snack, dinner, or a munchie.
Servings: 8 people
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup water
- 10 ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 (14oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or favorite salsa)
- ½ cup guacamole
In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink. Add in taco seasoning and water, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
On a large platter, spread out a single layer of tortilla chips. Top with half of the beef mixture, half of the black beans, half of the red and green bell peppers, half of the cheese, and half of the green onions. Repeat layers.
Place nachos in microwave and heat for 60 seconds or until the cheese starts to melt or place in an oven at 350 degrees until the cheese starts to melt.
Top nachos off with sour cream, Pico de gallo, and guacamole.
* To make them more saucy, put a little bit of our Chilis Skillet Queso Dip, on your nachos. The cheese, with the chili, and the hint of lime, with a little kick to it, will pair nicely with these nachos.
*You can also make these with chicken, steak, ground turkey, or even omit the meat altogether for a vegetarian version
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1522IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 415mg | Iron: 4mg