Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Recipe
This Slow Cooker Kalua Pork is so simple and full of amazing flavor. We love cooking pork roasts in our slow cooker because the meat is so tender and juicy. This is definitely a recipe you will want to try.
- 4 pounds pork shoulder roast (fat trimmed)
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (or white rice)
- 1 green pepper diced (optional)
- 2 tomatoes diced (optional)
- ½ onion chopped (optional)
- ½ cup banana peppers sliced (optional)
- 1 cucumber diced (optional)
- 2.5 ounces sliced olives 1 can (optional)
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce (optional)
Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt and liquid smoke over meat.
Place roast in a slow cooker, cover and cook on low 10-12 hours. Turn once about halfway through cooking time.
Remove meat from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, adding drippings as needed to moisten. Serve over rice, topped with your favorite optional toppings and teriyaki sauce.
This pork also makes a great salad topping, or meat for tacos, burritos, or quesadillas.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1584mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 408IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg