Hearty Ground Beef Enchiladas
These Hearty Ground Beef Enchiladas are my go-to recipe on busy nights. I always have the ingredients on hand for beef enchiladas, and I make them extra filling by adding beans to the mixture.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 onions chopped
- 32 ounces chili beans 2 (16 oz cans) Do not drain
- 20 ounces red enchilada sauce 2 (10 oz cans)
- 1 cup salsa divided
- 16 flour tortillas 10 inch size
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.25 ounces sliced olives 1 can
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well.
Stir in the beans, one can of enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup salsa; set aside.
Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup beef mixture.
Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 9 x 13 inch baking dishes (8 enchiladas per pan).
Drizzle with the other can of enchilada sauce and remaining salsa.
Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- To use one of the pans as a freezer meal - cover well and place in the freezer. If frozen, remove enchiladas from freezer, leave foil on pan and cook for approximately 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook additional 15-20 min, until bubbling and cheese completely melted.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1226mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 479IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 4mg