Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe
This Grilled Lemon Chicken is tender and juicy from being marinated in a light lemon mixture then grilled to perfection. This lemon chicken recipe has just the right amount of lemon to make it flavorful and delicious.
Large Ziploc Bag
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Mix together lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, onion powder and red pepper flakes together in a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
Add chicken to marinade and seal bag closed.
Place bag in fridge and let chicken marinate for 4-6 hours (or overnight).
Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
Place chicken on grill heated to medium-high, cooking 5-6 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
TIPS FOR GRILLING CHICKEN:
- Prepare your grill by cleaning off old residue then brushing on some vegetable or olive oil. You can also spray your grill with nonstick cooking spray before it is turned on and heated up.
- Start with the grill at high heat so you can sear the outside of the chicken. Searing the outside of the chicken will keep the inside juicy and make it easier to turn halfway through grilling.
- If your grill has a cover, always cook with the cover down to help your chicken cook more evenly.
- When it comes time to turn or remove your chicken from the grill, use a wide metal spatula or long handled tongs.
- Poking your chicken with a fork to check for doneness will cause the juices to escape. Try not to continuously move the chicken while it is cooking, just turn it over one time halfway through cooking.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 487mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg