Slow Cooker Enchilada Stack Recipe
This recipe has everything that regular enchiladas do, it’s just stacked in your slow cooker instead of rolled into a pan. Half the work with all the flavor!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow squash diced
- 1 onion diced
- 15 ounces pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce divided
- 1 ounce low sodium taco seasoning packet
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 6 corn tortillas 6 inch
- 2 cups shredded lettuce optional topping
- Tablespoons sour cream optional topping
- 1 tomato diced-optional topping
- 1 avocado diced-optional topping
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, green pepper, squash, and onion until ground beef is no longer pink.
Reduce heat to low and add beans, salsa, 1/2 can of the enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning and cook until heated through. Let simmer for 5 minutes so that the flavors can meld together.
Pour 1/3 of the meat mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over the meat and top with two tortillas (they will overlap a little in the middle). Repeat layers two more times.
Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas (spread with a spatula if you need to) and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
Cover with lid and cook on low for 3-4 hours (just until it's heated through)
Scoop servings onto plates and top with your favorite toppings.
Calories: 730kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1433mg | Potassium: 1324mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1818IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 419mg | Iron: 6mg