Instant Pot Shredded Beef Enchiladas Recipe
A delicious beef enchilada recipe made easily in the Instant Pot!
Servings: 10 people
- 4 lb Boneless beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Season roast with salt and pepper. Select Saute and add oil to the cooking pot. When hot, brown roast on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Place into the instant pot.
Add the chopped onions and pour on the beef broth.
Select High Pressure and set the timer for 80 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, use a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
Carefully remove lid.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove roast into a large plate and shred. Add salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of shredded beef and a spoonful of shredded cheese. Roll up and place in the pan, seam-side down. Pour desired amount of enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.
You will have left over beef. I would suggest eating the beef roast one night with carrots and potatoes and then making these with your leftovers!
To turn this into a freezer meal:
- Place roast, onion, salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and enchilada sauce into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 2 cups of beef broth in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 120 minutes (or 30 minutes per pound of your roast). Do a NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done – I even like to let it sit in the Instant Pot for a few hours so that it falls apart so easily. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 851mg | Potassium: 798mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 411IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 5mg