Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
This Instant Pot chicken fajitas recipe is everything you would expect from a fajita recipe and more! Make it in no time with all of the wonderful Mexican flavors.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned corn (Do not drain)
- 14 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 bell peppers sliced (1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green)
- 1 yellow onion large, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Place chicken on the bottom of the instant pot.
Add the rest of the ingredients in the order they are listed - putting the honey right on top.
Put the lid on turning the knob to SEALING.
If chicken is frozen, cook for 25 minutes.
If chicken is thawed, cook for 20 minutes.
When the timer is done, turn the knob to VENTING and let all the pressure out for a quick release. Serve with your favorite toppings on tortillas or on top of a salad.
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
- Place chicken and all ingredients listed into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/3 cup of water in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 25 minutes. Do a 5 minute NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done. Serve on tortillas or on top of a salad.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 732mg | Potassium: 889mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1706IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg