Baked Saltine Cracker Chicken Recipe
This Baked Salting Cracker Chicken could not get any easier. If you are gluten free, you could easily swap out the crackers for almonds or tree nuts. It takes minutes to make, and it will be a family favorite at your house. The chicken is moist and juicy with just the right amount of crunch from the crackers.
Servings: 6 servings
9x13-inch Baking Pan
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- ½ cup butter
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt butter in a small bowl and set aside.
Crush crackers in a food processor or a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin, until they become fine crumbs.
Combine crushed crackers, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a separate mixing bowl.
Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Dip each chicken breast in melted butter, coat completely in crumb mixture and place in prepared pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- You can easily substitute your favorite cracker or even bread crumbs.
- If you are looking for a gluten free option, you could use gluten free bread crumbs or crushed almonds or other tree nuts you have on hand.
- Try to use chicken breasts with even thickness so it will cook evenly.