Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
The simplest recipe to make in your Instant Pot! Serve the chicken over tacos, nachos, salad, in a burrito, or enchiladas.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- 8 flour tortillas
- favorite taco toppings
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Sprinkle chili powder and cumin on top of chicken.
Pour chicken broth (or water) into the bottom of the pot.
Lock the lid in place and turn the knob to SEALING. Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set timer for 20 minutes if chicken is thawed and 25 minutes if chicken is frozen.
It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and then the chicken will cook for 20-25 minutes (depending on what you set the timer for).
When the timer is up, let the Instant Pot release on its own for about 10 minutes. When the 10 minutes is finished, quick release the rest of the pressure.
After removing the lid, remove the chicken and shred.
Turn the Instant Pot off, return the chicken into the Instant Pot, and then stir to coat in the flavorful liquid in the Instant Pot.
Serve in tortillas or taco shells. Top as desired. Enjoy!
If you want to add more ingredients/flavor to this recipe, you could also add a packet of taco seasoning and/or 1-2 cups of your favorite salsa.
I also like to throw in a can of diced green chilies.
Our favorite toppings for these tacos:
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
- Sour cream
- Place all the ingredients except for the chicken broth into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup of chicken broth (or water) in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 25 minutes. Follow the rest of instructions as written.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 357IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg