Cowboy Casserole (Tater Tot Casserole) Recipe
Ground beef and vegetables in a creamy sauce topped with golden tater tots - it's the perfect weeknight dinner!
9x13-inch Baking Pan
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- ½ onion diced
- 15 ounces canned corn drained
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 ounces frozen tater tots (1 bag)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.
Drain grease, then stir in the corn, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, and seasonings.
Pour beef mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
Top with frozen tater tots (try to keep them in a single layer) and then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tater tots are thoroughly cooked.
- You can also use a can of green beans in place of the canned corn.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1064mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 3mg