Grandma's Thanksgiving Dresing
We love our Grandma's Thanksgiving Dressing. You don't need to stuff it in the bird, just mix the ingredients and stick it in the oven. So many happy memories with this holiday dressing.
8x8-inch baking pan
- 6 ounces turkey stuffing mix (such as stove top) seasoned breadcrumbs work as well
- 1 cup chopped apples gala, honeycrisp, or golden delicious work great
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- ¾ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups boiling water or chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter
Spray a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together dry stuffing mix, diced apples, diced celery, diced onion, and mushrooms.
Add butter to boiling water and let it melt, then pour over stuffing mixture in bowl.
Mix well until all ingredients are moistened.
Spread stuffing mixture in prepared pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the stuffing is thoroughly heated.
Keep warm until serving.
We have tried so many different breadcrumbs when making this recipe. We have used Turkey Stove Top dressing/stuffing mix that comes in the box. It works great.
We have bought many different brands of seasoned bread crumbs and they all work well. Just be sure they are seasoned. That gives the dressing more flavor.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger group. We have often had to triple it when we have a lot of family in for the holiday.
- When you double it, a 9 x 13 inch pan will work great. If tripling the recipe, you may need to make it in 2 pans.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 253IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg