Apple Cranberry Walnut Chopped Salad
Every meal needs a nice green salad side dish - this is our go-to recipe!
large serving bowl
Small Mixing Bowl
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 apples (pears also work great)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (pecans or almonds are also a great substitution)
- 8 slices bacon (crisp-cooked and crumbled)
- 5 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- ¾ cup poppyseed salad dressing (we used Brianna's brand)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (make sure that you use vinaigrette dressing and not balsamic vinegar)
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, apples, cranberries, walnuts, bacon, and feta cheese.
In a smaller bowl, combine poppy seed dressing with balsamic vinaigrette. Drizzle over salad right before serving. If you prefer your salad to have more dressing, feel free to experiment with the combination.
- If you are not going to be eating it all in one sitting, only put dressing on what you will be eating or it will get all soggy.
- For this recipe, any type of apple will work. I love gala, honeycrisp, pink lady, and granny smith apples. Pears also work great as well!
- Nutrition facts will vary based on how much dressing you use per serving and what brand of dressing you use.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 537mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 4201IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 2mg