Pesto Chicken Casserole Pasta Bake
Chicken, tomatoes, spinach, basil pesto, and cheese come together to make this fresh pasta bake.
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded, could also use rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, chicken, milk, mozzarella cheese, baby spinach, diced tomatoes, Alfredo sauce and pesto. Mix until well combined.
Spread mixture into a 9x13-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and olive oil.
Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of casserole.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until crumb topping is golden brown and casserole is heated through.
- Make sure to rinse your pasta off in cold water after you boil it. This will keep it from sticking together when you’re trying to mix it with your other casserole ingredients.
- Whole wheat pasta and gluten free pasta will work great for this recipe!
- You can make your own pesto sauce and alfredo sauce, but canned sauce will work great as well.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 581mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1473IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 346mg | Iron: 2mg