White Chocolate Monster Munch Chex Mix Recipe
This chex mix is perfect for parties because it makes a ton! You could even put it into single-serving bags and take for a classroom party.
- ½ package pretzels (½ of a 10 ounce bag)
- 2 ½ cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 ½ cups Corn Chex (Honey Nut Chex also work great)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups candy corn M&M's candies (or any kind of M&M's; about a 12 ounce bag)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (12 ounce bag)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons vegetable oil
In a VERY large bowl (or two medium bowls), combine the first 6 ingredients. Set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, heat white chips and oil on high for 60 seconds (you could also melt chocolate and oil in a double boiler pan).
Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until completely melted and smooth (you may need to microwave for a couple more seconds).
Pour melted chocolate over cereal mix and stir until all the cereal is evenly covered with white chocolate.
Spread cereal mix on 2 large baking sheets (I used cookie sheets) lined with wax paper.
Let cool and then break apart into chunks.
Store in an airtight container.
- This is the perfect recipe for when you need a quick last minute treat for a party or for neighbors.
- You can swap out the M&M's and the candy corn so that this recipe will work for any holiday!
- When melting the chocolate in the microwave, mix frequently. Microwave it in 20-30 second increments, stirring it every time you remove it from the microwave. At first the chocolate will still be in it’s form, but with each time increment, it will soften and melt. Continue to stir until it's smooth.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 351IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 3mg