Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
This simple lasagna can be put together in less than 20 minutes! Layer all the ingredients in the crock pot (even the uncooked noodles) and let it slowly cook all day.
- 1 pound ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 ounces)
- 1 cup water
- 1 container ricotta cheese (15 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Italian Cheese (divided)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 6 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain grease and rinse well.
Stir in spaghetti sauce and water.
In another bowl mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese, 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley.
Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with 3 lasagna noodles, broken to fit; and half of cheese mixture.
Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit; cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
Cook on low 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Let stand, covered for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- A great substitute for ricotta cheese is cottage cheese.
Most spaghetti sauces are lacking on flavor, so this is what I add to my spaghetti sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- You can also add diced zucchini, sliced mushrooms, and diced green peppers to add extra vegetables and flavor to your spaghetti sauce.
- I have not tried cooking it on high for a shorter amount of time in the slow cooker (I am afraid it might not be adequate time for the noodles to cook). If you try it, leave us a comment below and let us know!
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 316mg | Iron: 3mg