Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat Recipe)
Make your favorite soup recipe at home with this amazing Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Copycat. It will make you feel like you are eating in a restaurant rather than your own kitchen.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes add more for additional heat
- 6 cups chicken broth divided
- 3 large russet potatoes halved and cut into 1/4" slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Press the SAUTE button. Add the oil to the inner cooking pot. When the pot is hot, add the onion and sausage and sauté for 5 minutes, breaking up the sausage. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and mix.
Add in 2 cups of chicken broth and stir to release any onion pieces that may have stuck to the bottom. Stir in the potatoes. Add in remaining chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the lid on top and lock into place. Turn the valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL (or Pressure Cook). Set the time for 15 minutes.
When cooking ends, carefully turn the valve to VENTING for a quick release of the pressure.
Unlock and remove the lid, then stir in the cream. Heat through, then stir in the kale and the bacon.
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
- Cook the sausage and onion and place in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag or other freezer-safe container. Let the bag cool down (if still hot from the cooked ground sausage).
- Add in the garlic, red pepper, potatoes, salt and pepper, kale, and cooked bacon into the bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot (if it won’t come out, run the bag under hot water so that you can remove/peel off the frozen bag). Add 6 cups of chicken broth in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 30 minutes. Do a QUICK RELEASE when the timer is done. Remove the lid and stir in the heavy cream. Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 606kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 1449mg | Potassium: 1315mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2839IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg