The Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
One of the easiest recipes I have ever made - and it's super hearty and filling! This also can be made into a freezer meal and is so nice to pull out of the freezer on a day when you don't have time to cook.
- 1 pound beef stew cubes
- 4 large carrots (sliced)
- 4-6 red potatoes (cut into large cubes)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix (about 1 ounce packet)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces each)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 package frozen green peas (10 ounces)
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Place beef cubes at the bottom of the crock pot. Layer carrots, then potatoes, placing bay leaf on top.
In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour over beef and veggies.
Cover with lid and cook on low 7-10 hours (you could cook it on high for 6-7 hours, but I highly recommend the low and slow method).
How to make this into a freezer meal:
- Before cooking, place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and pour contents of bag into slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 7-10 hours (or HIGH for 5-6 hours).