Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
These Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies are absolutely foolproof and are so easy to make! These soft, chewy peanut butter cookies melt in your mouth.
Large Mixing Bowl
Hand or Stand Mixer
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugars and peanut butter.
Add eggs, flour, baking soda and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll in additional sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet and use a fork to make a criss-cross design on top.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For softer peanut butter cookies, don’t flatten them with the fork. They will be puffier and softer.
- For crispier peanut butter cookies, use a fork to flatten the dough balls.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before rolling into balls for a chewier peanut butter cookie.
- To soften your butter, you can set it at room temperature for at least an hour or put it in the microwave on defrost for four seconds at a time, just until it’s soft.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg