Slow Cooker Freezer Meal: Black Bean Taco Soup
A simple taco soup recipe that's loaded with flavor!
- 1 pound ground beef ground turkey works great as well
- 1 onion diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning or about 2 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 bag frozen corn 12-16 ounces, or you could use a can of drained corn
- 1 can black beans 15 ounce can, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans stewed or diced tomatoes 14 ounce cans
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 ounce can
- 1 can diced green chilies 4 ounce can
Brown meat and onion, drain. Let meat cool for a minute, then dump into a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag.
Dump the remaining ingredients into the bag, mix together, and zip bag closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours or LOW for 2-3 1/2 hours.