Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Our Cheesy Enchilada Casserole takes all our favorite things about Mexican food and combines them into one pan! Perfect for a busy weeknight.
2 Quart Baking Dish
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce can)
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning (or 1 taco seasoning packet)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas (corn tortillas will work as well)
- 1 can corn, drained (15 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, sour cream, corn (optional), taco seasoning and cumin.
Spoon 1/3 of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the grated cheese.
Layer a couple of tortillas on top of meat. Continue with next layer using 1/3 of the meat mixture and and then 1/3 of the cheese. Top layers with tortillas.
Continue the next layer with remaining meat mixture and the rest of the cheese on top.
Cover with foil that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until hot & bubbly.
Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.
- You can also substitute ground turkey for the ground beef and it works great!
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1206mg | Potassium: 839mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 4mg