Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake Recipe
White cake with strawberry jello, whipped cream cheese frosting, and strawberries on top, our Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake Makes the perfect summer dessert.
9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- 1 box white cake mix 15.25 ounces
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3 ounce box strawberry flavored Jell-o
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 8 ounce tub Cool-Whip non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound strawberries diced
Make cake as directed on the back of the box for a 9x13" pan.
Let the cake cool for 20 minutes and "poke" the cake with a large fork (I space my pokes about 1/2" apart and do it until the entire surface of the cake is covered).
Mix together the boiling water and Jell-o until the Jell-o is completely dissolved. Pour in the cold water and mix well then pour over the cake.
Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for three hours.
Combine the Cool-Whip, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth (I have found that it's easiest to use an electric mixer, but you don't have to). Spread on top of cake.
Top with strawberries and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Make sure your jello is mixed up well to ensure the cake sets well and isn’t mushy.
- It is best to make this cake the day it’s needed or if you have to make it the day before, hold off on putting it all together. Do the jello and frosting the day of.
- This poke cake is best on the first day or two.
- Always refrigerate the cake when you are not serving it!
- Don’t have white cake? No problem! Substitute the base for devil’s food, yellow cake, or even strawberry cake for a delicious twist.
Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg