Instant Pot Green Chile Pork Tacos Recipe
These green chili shredded pork Instant Pot tacos are bursting with flavor and so simple to make, perfect for a Instant Pot newbie!
Small Mixing Bowl
- 3 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
- 5 cans diced green chilies (4 ounces each)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- favorite taco toppings (shredded lettuce, cotija cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, salsa, red onion, cilantro, shredded cheese, etc)
Place roast in Instant Pot.
In a mixing bowl, mix together chilies, taco seasoning, and cumin. Spoon green chile mixture over pork.
Put your lid on the pot and put the VALVE on sealing (not venting). Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 60 minutes (or 20-25 minutes per pound of your roast).
When timer is finished, let pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE (it will take at least 20 minutes – I prefer to let it sit in my Instant Pot on the "keep warm" setting for a couple of hours and it will literally fall apart).
Shred or slice roast (it should fall apart pretty easily) and serve on top of tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Our general rule of thumb is to do about 20-25 minutes of cook time per pound. So if you are using a larger roast, make sure to take that into account.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg