Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe
This Tuna Macaroni Salad is perfect for that next BBQ or Potluck! It has great flavor and is so easy to throw together!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or small shells pasta, uncooked
- 2 cans tuna (5 oz each), drained (I used tuna packed in water)
- ½ cup frozen green peas thawed
- 2 hard boiled eggs cut into pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup small cubed Cheddar cheese pieces (about 4 ounces)
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 small onion diced
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and dump into large bowl.
Mix in remaining ingredients and stir well.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving to let flavors meld.
Remove from fridge and if the salad seems dry, you can add 1-2 Tablespoons of milk or even 1-2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise to moisten it.
- If you don't like tuna, you can easily replace the tuna with canned chicken, shredded rotisserie chicken, or even cooked ham!
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 955mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 2mg