Quick Homemade Breadsticks Recipe (35 Minutes)
This Quick Homemade Breadsticks Recipe only takes 35 minutes! They are so easy and go perfect with soups, pastas, and salads!
Servings: 16 Breadsticks
Large Mixing Bowl
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup warm water*
- 2½ teaspoons yeast
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (start with 2 1/2 cups and add more as needed)
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- garlic salt optional topping
- powdered parmesan cheese optional topping
- Italian seasoning optional topping
In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together warm water, yeast, sugar, and salt until sugar has dissolved.
Add in oil and flour and mix until a smooth dough forms and it's no longer sticky.
Roll out into a 10x12" rectangle.
Cut into strips about 3/4" - 1" wide.
Twist each strip once or twice and lay out on a greased baking sheet (I sprayed mine with non-stick cooking spray).
Let breadsticks rise for 20 minutes (longer if you can, but at least 20 minutes).
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
When the breadsticks come out of the oven, brush breadsticks with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- *When using warm water for making bread, we found a rule of thumb is to use water that is just a little hotter than what you would use to wash your face. If it's too hot for your face, it's too hot for yeast. It should be around 110 degrees.
- You could also use bread flour in place of all-purpose flour.
- If you want to flavor the breadsticks a little more, add 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder and 1/2 Tablespoon Italian seasoning.
- When cutting dough into strips, we found that using a pizza cutter made it super easy!
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg